Saturday, November 5, 2011

Mind Roll for the Blog Roll

A few books I've been reading since I last had a blast of blog enthusiasm...

No Logo by Naomi Klein
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Muhammad by Karen Armstrong
Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho

All held my attention as I love a book to do but all for different reasons. The first weaves a wide web that explains part of the pathology of the current "0ccupy" movement. It was timely and helped me better understand that the response we are seeing now reflects 20 years of change in the economy rather then just 2008 recession angst. The second book was a novel beautifully and creatively written for teenagers. Everyone of any age I know who has read it has enjoyed it. Third a non-fiction topic I think is good to understand better and finally philosophy in the mist of narrative. I just discovered it was made into a movie so I might check that out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment